Horizontal Filter Press
The range of SS Sparkler type Filters ensures precisely the right filtration characteristics for all application in Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Beverages, Distilleries & Food industries.
Two types of Horizontal SS Filter Press are presently manufactured.
- Sparkler type (Standard 1 Normal Flow)
- Zero Hold Up type (Reverse Flow)
Zero Hold Up Type Reverse Flow Operation
The filtration process in this case is just the opposite of standard Sparkler type in terms of the direction of flow. The subject liquid to be filtered enters filtration unit from the bottom into center channel and goes to the top of each plate. This technique ensures almost 100% filtration and is capable filtering up to 1 micron size.
- Complete filtration of the batch without any holdup due to reverse flow of liquid and hence large saving in time & cost.
- Back wash facility can be provided for continuous operations
- No scavenger arrangement required
- No contamination of internal surface of shell
The subject liquid i.e., the liquid to be filtered is fed into the filtration unit under positive pressure, where liquid travels in downward direction and finds its way through opening sides of the Filter Plates. As the liquid pressure increases, the filter media holds the foreign particles & allows only clear filtrate to pass through the central channel formed by interlocking pressure cups to the outlet. Filtration is continued until the cake holding capacity of the unit is reached or until rate becomes too slow due to cake resistance.
The equipment consists of S.S shell and top cover using bolts to give pressure tight enclosure inside which there is a filter cartridge assembly' comprising of several horizontally arranged disc type Filter Plates complete with filter media, with perforated supporting screen and interlocking screens. The entire assembly is complete with pump and pumping connection, which is usually mounted on a suitable trolley
- For hot filtration requirement, optional MS 1 SS jacket can be offered
- Scavenger arrangement to remove all the liquid is provided
- Filtration capacity varies from 600 litr. to 30,000 litr/per hour
- Cake can be dried either by compressed air or by inert gas 1 steam
It is manufactured from AISI 304-304L 1 316-316L quality. All joints are argon arc welded and polished to mirror finish.
Sample taking device can be provided.
For Hot Filtration AISI 304/316 Jacket is provided to shell for circulating heating media. Complete unit is mounted on S. S. trolley & fitted with Castor wheels for easy movement. The filter press is generally used to obtain clear filtrate. Specially designed scavenger plate for complete filtration are provided for all models. If required actual testing can be carried out at our works, for which, require quantity of the liquid would be arranged by the customer; otherwise testing can be carried out with water & insoluble carbon in high flow.